Sunday, December 28, 2008

A California Christmas



Lucky me managed to escape the blizzard that hit Boston for a week of vacation under the sunny skies of California. A much needed trip to relax, and see family and friends after a whole year away from home. Not all fun and games though, I managed to get some good training in. I somehow forgot, however, how hilly Simi Valley is! It's no Heartbreak Hill, but I definitely worked the hills a bit and enoyed not having to wear4 layers, gloves and a hat.

Don't get me wrong though, it wasn't all serious training! There was plenty of socializing and catching up with my most supportive fans. Even managed to get a nice group of Sunny Skies alums (plus Callen!) together for a fabulous pasta dinner, prepared by Chef Boyarmom!

With a bit of begging, a little hard work, and some amazing generosity, I am almost half way to my goal for fundraising. I may even be able to exceed and increase my goal! I am so thankful to have such awesome people supporting me, even from across the country.

Official training starts Tuesday, and I am rested and ready to go, and looking forward to meeting everyone from my team on Jan 15th. Stay tuned for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment